Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Whats the Deal with Love Park


So three weeks after the removal of the Christmas village we skaters are still getting pushed around by security figures telling us not to skate in Love Park. I’m entirely perplexed by this ever changing playground of rules. For one, I’ve skated love park many a Saturdays with no consequence and made plenty of skater acquaintances doing it. However yesterday when I went to meet up with the guys over at Not 1 Philly Parkour  I was greeted by a police officer who told me to keep my board off the ground. I did what he asked but I just didn’t get it . Was it really that big of a deal? The Christmas Village has long since been gone and the only remnants of it were the ugly ‘You Know You Love It.” Noodle. Who authorized Kraft to put that blight there? How soon can we get it torn down?  Anyway there was hardly anyone in the park so I don’t see what the big deal was. There's even a new green 'Fairmount Park Rules and Regulations" board. No biking, no in line skates, no roller blades, no skateboards  no scooters, no alcoholic beverages, no smoking... Its like they want us to just sit there and enjoy the fountain or something.  I left and didn't soon return. I hope our skate haven returns to its original skater friendly dome-plex soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughtz.....

Ad Choices